Monday, June 17, 2013

Nail Art? Sure, I'll give it a try.

After my semi-success with watermelons I decided to try out some strawberries! I needed a nail art brush in a hurry. I happened to be at the Century City Mall that day with co-workers so I popped into Sephora having remembered seeing a dotting tool & nail art brush there for $10.  I went home that night so excited to try out some strawberries.  I used Enchanted Polish "Stay Classy San Diego" for the base, "Gummy Worm" for the leaves and "Serendipity" for the seeds.




  
Happy with the outcome above I decided that my next adventure into nail art would be roses.  I just loved seeing manicures with roses on them and really wanted to figure out how to do it. I did some investigating and found a helpful you-tube video. Here is the link in case you're interested.  I can't say the below looks exactly accurate but I'm not bummed with how it turned out.  For my base I used one of my favorite colors, Rescue Beauty Lounge "Aqua Lily", for the flowers and leaves I used OPI Pink Friday, Essie First Dance, and OPI Jade is the New Black. If I'm motivated tonight I may try to flower up the rest of my fingers... we'll see :)







Enchanted Polish can be purchased here.
Rescue Beauty Lounge can be purchased here (unfortunately Aqua Lily is sold out and who knows when or if it'll ever return).





No comments:

Post a Comment